Hall Of Residency
Government College of Engineering Kalahandi, Bhawanipatna is a well-known college in the Western region of Odisha. So many students from different regions of the state & country are perceiving their studies in this college. To provide accommodation facilities for such students, Government College of Engineering Kalahandi, Bhawanipatna Provides hostel facilities. College has 3 hostels within its campus which includes 2 for boys and 1 for girls. The Hostel Facilities are very good and the environment in the hostel is also suitable to flourish.
- To make the students feel as "Home away from Home"
- To provide a friendly, comfortable, well furnished and secure ambiance
- To provide a healthy competitive and diverse cultural learning environment
- To inculcate discipline and to make students more systematic and strategic citizen of India
Provide comfortable, health and hygiene conditions in hostel. We understand that most of our students are moving away from home for the first time, so we strive to make the transition as smooth as possible by providing comfortable, safe and homely set-up within the hostels. The students are advised to inform their parents contact address. In case of change of address, the parents/guardians are requested to send their latest address and Phone No. / Mob. No.etc. by Regd. Post/E-mail to Principal, GCEK. Furnishing latest address to the Institute is the responsibility of parents/guardians.
Below is the list of hostels and their intake capacities :
||Visvesvaraya Hall of Residency (Boys Hostel 1)
||APJ Hall of Residency (Boys Hostel 2)
||Mother Teresa Hall of Residency(Girls Hostel)
Following facilities are available in the hostel:
- Co-operative basis Student Mess Facility for each hostel
- Basic amenities like cot, table, chair, cupboard in Student rooms
- Drinking Water Facility : Water Purifier, Water Cooler
- Wi-Fi Internet connectivity for 24 hours
- Newspaper / Reading Room Facilities
- Security Facility : 24*7 Security
- 24 hrs Electricity/ Generator.
Student messes are run on co-operative basis. The students are provided with basic amenities like cot, table, chair, cupboard in their rooms. The rooms are spacious, airy, and illuminated with the surroundings landscaped with greenery. Students’ common rooms have TV sets. The water supply is for 24 hours. The college ground is near the hostel for playing cricket, hockey, volleyball and football. Wi-Fi Internet connectivity is also provided in the Hostel. The hostel campus maintenance like cleaning /sweeping, pest control is out sourced. The electrical repairs and security services are round the clock.
|Dr. Dulu Patnaik
|Dr. A. K. Baliarsingh
||Asst. Professor in Electriacl Engg
|Dr. L. P. Panda
||Asst. Professor in Economics
||Superintendent , Boys Hostel 1
|Prof. K. P. Nayak
||Asst. Professor, CSE.
||Asst.Superintendent , Boys Hostel 1
|Mr. M. K Nath
||Asst. Professor, Electrical Engg.
||Superintendent , Boys Hostel 2
|Mr. Dillip Ku Bagal
||Asst. Professor, Electrical Engg.
||Asst.Superintendent , Boys Hostel 2
|Mrs. Pranbin Panda
||Asst. Professor, Mechanical Engg.
||Superintendent , Girls Hostel
|Ms. Shubhrajyoti Sunani
||Asst. Professor, Electrical Engg.
||Asst.Superintendent , Girls Hostel
Student Committees (Hostel Council)
Each year the hostel committee (Hostel Student Council) is formed for the better administration of the hostel & to make the student as a part of the administrative body of the hostel which represents the students of the hostel to the administration. This committee acts as the interface between the hostel administration and the hostel students. This helps the administrative body as the well as the students to understand the scenario in the hostel from both prospective.
Rules and Regulations
These rules are applicable to all the Boys’ and Girls’ Halls of Residence. All the students are required to comply with the Hostel Rules and such Supplementary Rules and Regulations as may be framed by the Hostel Committee from time to time. Ignorance of these rules and regulations shall not be accepted as an excuse for violating any of them. The boarder must submit the prescribed biodata form with photograph to the respective Superintendents.
All the boarders are advised to follow rules as given below:
- Ragging is strictly prohibited. If anyone is found guilty of directly/indirectly involved or abetting in ragging he/she will be punished/rusticated/expelled/suspended from the institute and also liable to prosecution in terms of the Supreme Court of India decision on Writ Petition No. (C) 656/1998. Ragging is now a crime.
- Boarders must look up the Hostel Notice Board regularly. The Superintendent Team members or any authorized member of the Institute staff can inspect the room of any student in the hostel at any time. Hostel inmates are supposed to keep I-cards with them and must present the same to any hostel or institute authority whenever asked for. Students must always carry their Identity Cards with them.
- Hostel rooms are equipped with furniture and fittings of appliances. Student occupying the room will sign for the receipt of items in the prescribed form. He / She will be responsible to hand over the items in their original serviceable condition to hostel authorities while leaving the rooms on close of the academic session.
- The boarder shall have to vacate accommodation as and when asked for. All the boarders shall vacate the hostel rooms before they leave for the summer vacation so that annual repairs and white washing are carried out. All the hostel articles issued to the students are returned to the caretaker before the students leave their rooms. They will be responsible for any loss.
- Rough handling of dining hall furniture, room furniture or any furniture/property or fittings of the hostel is strictly forbidden. If any individual or group is identified to have caused the damage, double the cost of the damaged property will be recovered from his/her/group. Repeated acts of causing to the hostel property will result in expulsion from the hostel.
- The hostellers themselves are personally responsible to safeguard their belongings. They are advised not to keep large amounts of cash or valuables like gold ring, costly wrist watch etc., in their rooms. They should also take care of their purse, calculators, Cell phones, Laptops, and Books. In case of theft or loss of any item the hostel authorities/ Institute will not responsible for such loss. The hostellers are advised to keep their rooms, boxes, suitcases, cupboards etc., securely locked with good quality locks
- The hostellers are neither allowed to keep private electrical equipments or would tamper with electrical fittings provided in rooms. They can keep mobile charger and table lamp.
- It is mandatory for students residing in the hostel to join the mess attached to the hostel. Hostellers are required to dine in the dining hall. Indoor cooking including making of tea/ coffee/noodles in the rooms is strictly prohibited.
- Smoking, gambling in any form such as playing cards (even without money at stake), consumption of alcohol, use of drugs and narcotics and even possession of such things are prohibited. Anyone found indulging in the use of such things will be asked to vacate the hostel.
- Students are not allowed to stay in the hostel during the class hours unless the stay is unavoidable due to illness or any other valid reason. In such cases they should take the permission and communicate the information to the Superintendent in writing.
- No student shall leave the hostel without prior permission of the hostel Superintendent.
- All students will report for the Roll call every day as per prescribed timings.
- Students who want to go home during college vacations or taking personal leave or to attend wedding, other social functions and going to their local guardian’s place will require to take permission from the Superintendent, subject to receipt of written request for the same from parents of the student.
- In case of medical emergency only, permission may be given to leave the hostel only when the parents will talk telephonically to the Superintendent by the number mentioned in the “Undertaking Form by the Parent”.
- Students having any Chronic /Communication disease are not allowed to stay in hostel.
- Parents/ Guardians/Visitors can meet their ward during visiting hours. No Parents/ Guardians/Visitors are allowed to stay in hostel.
- No notice will be displayed by hostel inmates in the hostel notice board without the countersignature of hostel Superintendent.
- Misbehaviour with any hostel authorities and inmates, taking part directly/indirectly in any movement or agitation or strike of students in the institute for any reason whatsoever will attract punishment, rustication or expulsion, which in the opinion of the management is subversive to the discipline of the institute.
- Male students are strictly forbidden from entering the Girls' Hostel and female students from entering Boys’ Hostel.
- Students are prohibited from consuming alcoholic drinks, drugs, cigarettes, tobacco products or any other intoxicants inside the hostel or to enter the hostel after consuming the same. Any student found consuming such thing or in a drunken state in the hostel will render himself liable for strict disciplinary action, including expulsion/rustication from Hostel/Institute.
- Light must be switched off when not in use. The use of electric heater, electric rod and other similar appliances are prohibited. Boarders are warned against tempering
- Guests are not permitted to stay overnight in the room of the students. The student must get permission for keeping his/her guest in the guest room of the Hostel from the concerned Superintendent In-charge. Female guests are not permitted to stay in Boys’ Hostel. Likewise Male guests are not allowed to stay in the girls’ hostel. A boarder keeping a guest without permission is liable to be fined. Such guest may stay for two days while the concerned resident shall inform the hostel Superintendent within 12 hours ahead of the guests’ arrival. The resident shall obtain permission of the Hostel Superintendent for extending the stay of the guest over more than two days. The period of stay of the guest can be extended at the maximum to 4 days. Resident student shall be charged for accommodating such guest / visitor @Rs.100/- (Rupees Twenty Five only) per day and no guest / visitor shall be allowed to stay for more than 5 days in a month.
- Students are prohibited from giving shelter to any other student/outsider in the rooms. In case of any unauthorized shelter, the student will be liable to disciplinary action.
- Resident students are not permitted to invite any outside person to address any meeting in the hostel without written permission of the Principal.
- Students should lock their room properly when they go out for bath, food etc. Each roommate must keep a key of the door lock of his/her room in case of double / triple/four seated accommodations.
- Every inmate of the hostel shall pay the mess bill and other charges as per the notified schedule failing which fine will be imposed as decided by the hostel authority. damage shall be liable for disciplinary action by Institute.
- Resident who expect to be away from the Hostel for a short period exceeding one day shall inform the Superintendent of his/ her absence, indicating their contact address and the probable time of their return.
- As per notification of the Govt. of India regarding damage to property and equipment in the institution as a result of any demonstrations/strikes charges would have to be recovered directly from those students involved in such incidents.
- The students who come to appear back paper examination can stay at Boys’ and Girls’ Halls of Residence by depositing the Room charge as applicable. (At present Rs 50/- per day)
- The visitor of the same gender will be required to enter his/her name, address and the time of entry in the register kept at the Reception of the Hostels and also identify himself / herself through I-Card etc. whenever asked by the Security Guard / Chowkidar / Caretaker / Honorary Superintendent of the Hostel.
Additional Rules for Mother Teresa Hall of Residence :
- Parents should intimate the warden regarding the change in their as well as their ward’s, landline/Mobile No.
- Girls should not go alone outside the college campus. She should accompany with one or two girls.
- They are free to move inside the campus from 6.00 A.M. to 6.30 P.M. or up to sunset which ever is earlier. In summer the time may be enhanced extra half an hour i.e. from 6.00 A.M. to 7.00 P.M.
- No boarders will meet the outsiders whose names are not recommended by their parents. But if they want to meet any boarder they can obtain permission from the Superintendent at first.
- The boarders must sign the register kept in security post mentioning the time of departure and arrival for going outside the campus local market and return respectively.
- Visitors must put their signature (full) with address in the Register also indicate the date and time to whom he/she will meet.
- They are not allowed to leave Halls of Residence. If necessary, they can go to market for maximum 2- 3 hrs for purchasing required things after properly entering information in the register available with the guards at the gate.In any case they must return to hall by 6:30 PM in summer (April to September) and 6:00 PM in winter (October to March).
- Visiting Hours: 1.00 Noon to 2.00 P.M. and 4.00 P.M. to 6.00 P.M. No male visitor is allowed to enter the Girls' Hostel without prior permission of the respective Superintendent/Asst. Superintendent.
- The boarders must obey and co-operate with the mess boys in dining hall.
- Any difficulty if arises they should bring to the notice of the concerned Caretaker at first and then the hostel authority.
- Sometimes it is found that some boarders are engaging in different∙ seminar/departmental function etc. in the Institute beyond office hour. If they participate they may be obtained permission from the Superintendent through their concerned H.O.D. henceforth. Also, the rules of the hostel are to be changed time to time as and when required.
- The 1st yr. students of the hostel are strictly not allowed to leave /enter the Hostel∙ premises after 6.00 P.M. evening. They can only be allowed for such with their parents/local guardian.
- They are not allowed to stay outside the Halls of Residence between 6 P.M. to 6 A.M.
- Breakfast : 7:30 am to 9:00 am
- Lunch : 12:30pm to 2:30pm
- Evening Tea : 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm
- Dinner :8:00 pm to 9:30pm
- Every student residing in the Hostel must join in the Hostel Mess.
- All the Hostellers must entry in register with respective date, meal type and meal preference, which will have to be handed over to the authorized person of the Mess against which the meal will be served.
- If any hosteller does not want to dine in the Mess, he / she has to seek special permission from the Hostel Superintendent/Asst. Superintendent. The permission will be given on the basis of written application with valid reason and returning the coupons for the period, before commencement of the period.
- No student is allowed to take Mess utensils outside the Hostel Dining Room if anybody is found taking utensils outside the Mess, he / she shall be fined.
- Food will be served by Hostel Mess Employees in the room, on demand (minimum 3 hours notice is required) only to the sick students.
- Guests of students, staff and members of faculty will only be provided service against coupons/ receipt purchased in advance in the dining hall only of the respective Mess.
- Rebate for pre-paid Mess dues may be allowed provided three day’s notice and return of Mess dues in advance, given under the following conditions:
- Outstation tours (Educational / Study Tours / Training / Academic related activities) with applications approved through HOD’s
- Minimum 2 days upto a maximum 10 days per month of authorized absence from Hostel for which period approval of Superintendent/Asst. Superintendent is required.